Talent Manager San Francisco, CAApply NowApply Later Job ID oM1pgfwc Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jul. 27, 2021
The Talent Manager is responsible for career development and performance feedback and coaching to help ILM artists grow and develop. Additionally, Talent Managers develop and oversee the day-to-day schedules for the digital artists. They also work closely with Producers and others as appropriate to schedule personnel to ensure proper casting as well as timely and efficient completion of productions.
What You’ll Do
- Manage multiple groups of artists at once, and as needed, fill in for other Talent Managers out on vacation or leave
- Determine and project current and future project-based personnel needs based on input from Portfolio Group and Production - this includes maintaining contact with Producers regarding overall crew size requirements, crew start and end dates, and show start/delivery dates, as well as incorporating bidding data into facility projections; flag potential problems in regards to any of these
- Production Management & Supervision show casting in conjunction with the Executive Production and Talent Management team for new shows
- Represent the studio on a global talent management stage across the ILM studios world-wide; in partnership with Talent Manager(s), Show leadership teams, Resource Manager(s) in all ILM locations to ensure maximum utilization, strategic planning and global talent management best practices are followed
- Maintain overview of utilization using established departmental production management and tracking systems
- Participate in regular status meetings with Show leadership to determine upcoming crewing needs
- Maintain overall and show-specific schedule for digital artists; create and maintain scheduling overviews and availability schedules upon request
- Work closely with Executive Production and Talent Management to proactively identify and plan for work coming into the studio and to ensure maximum utilization of artists at all times; evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow
- Work with Department Supervisor, Production, Training and Talent Management to develop training plans for upcoming show needs and ongoing departmental talent development
- Facilitate End of Show Employee performance review process; give timely, actionable, and constructive feedback as needed to help Digital Artists grow and improve to achieve specific objectives or to meet long term career goals
- Work in partnership with the Executive Production, Talent Management team, and Human Resources to define and communicate ongoing recruitment requirements
- Responsible for hiring, including offer creation, compensation planning, and merit increase planning for direct reports
- Responsible for other administrative aspects of department management including timecard approvals, time off requests, etc.
- May participate or be responsible for other duties and special projects, as assigned
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Film Production or related field, plus a minimum four years experience in a high-end computer graphics production environment
- Prior experience in an on-show production environment with proven ability to effectively facilitate scheduling of artists and other personnel to meet production needs and schedules
- Comprehension of computer graphics terminology and a thorough knowledge of the processes involved in CG post production
- Strong, collaborative and open communication is essential
- Proven analytical skills, the ability to multitask and effective scheduling skills required
- Must be able to work effectively and quickly to turn around timely reports and analysis as needed
- Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with groups of individuals with different personalities, perspectives and talents
- The role may require weekend work depending on show schedules
- The role may also require:
- travel to LDAC
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.