Technical Assistant, Archives & Render (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 808824BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
Lucasfilm Animation is the creator of the Emmy award-winning animation series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an original series now streaming on Disney+.
We are looking for an individual who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Technical Assistant (TA) will be responsible for maintaining software and tools for the long time archival of completed shows. The TA will also be responsible for managing current show(s) storage and render resources and will work under supervision of the Pipeline supervisor having the opportunity to learn and support the CG production pipeline workflow and tools.
- Managing and maintaining the archive of show data including the following:
- creation of archival backups for shows
- maintenance of archive databases and tools
- storage and retrieval of physical media for recent show archives
- Fulfilling all data restoration requests
- Monitoring daily file transfers to/from vendors and debugging any related issues
- Monitoring render queue jobs and managing render farm machines and resources
- Coordinating show storage needs on a long-term basis with both the CG and Pipeline Supervisors
- Providing front-line production support across a wide range of tools and workflows involving troubleshooting and assisting artists with general problem-solving
- Assisting in the development of production tools and scripts making artists’ workflows more efficient
- Proven knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Programming and scripting experience - Python knowledge required
- Basic working knowledge of at least one of the following DDC’s:
- Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Katana
- Familiarity with film & video post-production workflows and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired
- Database knowledge and familiarity with production tracking systems preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with team members of varying disciplines
- Strong time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Proven capability of working both autonomously and in team settings
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent level of experience in production internship/employment required.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.