Technical Program Manager, Enterprise Program ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 521992BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business BAMTECH Media Date posted May. 03, 2018
Job Summary:BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH's mission is to give consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time, or location. By driving technological innovations, BAMTECH aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer live entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally. It successfully designs, develops, and delivers direct-to-consumer streaming services for a growing roster of sports, news, and entertainment partners including the NHL, MLB, PGA TOUR, WWE Network, and Riot Games/League of Legends.
*The ideal candidate has an engineering background or understanding. The Technical Program Manager is responsible for the successful completion and implementation of key initiatives through identifying, tracking, managing and resolving project issues/risk in a timely manner.
The Technical Program Manager ensures projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a concise, consistent and effective manner. They incorporate effective change, risk and issue management controls. They review and understand partner portfolio business cases, and are responsible for organizing all projects/programs within the portfolio(s) to ensure on-time delivery, within budget and meets business objectives.
- Manage intra- and inter-team dependencies, highlight project blockers and risks and work with cross-functional teams to resolve them.
- Maintain a clear overview of project timelines (gantt charts, spreadsheets, etc.) and progress using task management tools (primarily Jira). This will include providing timely updates on the status of projects to a cross-functional audience.
- Create and maintain project documentation that is the single source of truth about a project to keep teams aligned and informed.
- Provide the required hands-on software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Work closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
- Tracks and manages dependencies across multiple projects; leads escalation processes to make issues visible to stakeholders and leadership; drives resolution of dependency issues through the process.
- Leads the overall project stage gate review process, through conducting readiness assessments to identifying gaps in readiness throughout the project life cycle.
- Establishes project and portfolio scoring systems to evaluate and measure performance against formalized criteria.
- Ability to present technical information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management, engineering, operations and marketing
- Coaches team members regarding unexpected variances, root causes, corrective actions/options, and impacts.
- Ensure proper execution of the risk, issue, and communication management by their PMs.
- Continuously monitor projects/programs status and impact on customer relation
- Collaborate with team to refine existing methodologies, and develop enhancements and changes that result in efficient, repeatable delivery
- Partner with project teams to identify interdependencies, conflicts and risks associated with delivery
- Implements standards, processes & practices, project status reporting and resource management methodologies that ensures projects are delivered against expectations, on schedule and on budget
- Develops trusted partnerships with stakeholders by collaborating and delivering on common goals
- Owns overall project communications, escalates risks and manages the issue resolution process
- Ensure that projects and priorities support partner’s strategic plans and each project is managed to ensure on-time implementation and flawless execution.
- Manage demand by working closely with all constituents to prioritize programs and projects based on business needs, resource capacity, risk exposure and interdependencies.
- ‘Dissuade’ project teams from “reinventing the wheel” by being the knowledge center for best practices, processes, templates, lessons learned, historical project repository
- Strong account management, client service and/or management consulting experience.
- Program and Project Management: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities. Also includes the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans.
- Program Lifecycle Disciplines: Strong knowledge of the integrated systems lifecycle development utilizing different – and sometimes – multiple development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
- Comfortable dealing with high-level executives, technical staff and business leads
- Demonstrated ability in clearly articulating plans, concepts and activities to a broad/ diverse audience.
- Operates effectively across multiple organizational and functional areas.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with an overall execution orientation and high attention to detail
- Proven experience overseeing the day-to-day activities of staff in a complex, fast-changing environment.
- Experience with preparation and delivery of executive level presentations.
- Collaborative work style.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Thorough understanding of product and software development lifecycle processes, procedures and tools.
- Experience applying project management knowledge to assess complex situations, recommend options, and drive team members and stakeholders towards common solutions
- Deep understanding of how architecture and technology planning affect all elements of the planning and execution for projects
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience leading cross-functional/matrix organizations in the successful completion of assigned deliverables.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position in a large complex, dynamic and technical environment.
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.