Technical Project Manager
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771904BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 20, 2021
Job Summary:The Connected Devices team at Disney Streaming Services is seeking a Technical Project Manager for an immediate opening. This is an opportunity to help build industry-leading apps while getting to work closely with some of the greatest minds in the media technology industry. If working in a collaborative team environment and facing new challenges every day while the apps you help build get used by millions of people excites you, then this is the role for you.
Responsibilities:This Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing the development of applications across Disney Streaming Services platforms and properties. This individual will be responsible for project managing application releases, coordinating development resources, prioritizing and scheduling feature implementation and working with stakeholders across the organization. This individual must possess the ability to effectively manage each piece of the SDLC for multiple applications across multiple platforms.
This is a permanent full-time position.
- Have 3+ years of project management experience, managing multiple concurrent initiatives
- Have experience in managing the development of consumer-facing software, ideally cross-platform, native client applications
- Have in-depth experience executing both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Have mastered industry-standard project management tools such as JIRA
- Have excellent professional writing skills and are able to provide verbal explanations of status and technical issues with precision and accuracy
- Excel at working with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, and you are able to effectively communicate requirements to development teams
- Excel in leading effective meetings (keeping teams on track), you plan, document decisions and follow up
- Display initiative, take a proactive approach, and are able to start the conversation
- Negotiate with skill and are able to identify a solution path for various competing requirements or stakeholder preferences
- Learn quickly and enthusiastically, particularly about technical systems and issues
- Are passionate about your career, take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and you continue to develop and refine essential Project Management skills
- Have experience working in a client services environment, engaging with various stakeholders
- Have experience managing apps for mobile or game consoles and/or installed software and are familiar
- with the intricacies of app submission and approval procedures
- Have strong technical proficiency demonstrated in any number of ways, ex. coding or QA background
- or technical writing, demonstrable knowledge of HTTP or JSON / REST APIs, etc.
- Are able to work closely with the program manager on maximizing efficiency by helping to drive process
- and strategy focused on high value delivery
- Are constantly evaluating process and seeking for ways to improve at every iteration
- Are obsessed with managing quality applications, always working to better said products
- Are a Certified ScrumMaster or have PMP certifications
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.