Technical Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 519224BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business BAMTECH Media Date posted May. 07, 2018
Job Summary:BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
Successful candidates need experience dimensioning end to end OTT solutions involving streaming video, web commerce, user services, security, video advertising, content management, client platforms, and personalization.
Responsibilities:The Technical Scoping role at BAMTECH is to determine the resources, the associated cost, and the timeframe required to implement a proposed solution based on the BAMTECH platform as well as third-party components, if applicable.
- Build a deep understanding of the BAMTECH platform by working with project managers
- Deconstruct and software and hardware quotes into more granular features
- Map time and financial resources to those granular features
- Continuously update assumptions to ensure accuracy as the BAMTECH platform evolves
- Work with BAMTECH Finance to build reliable cost models of BAMTECH and third-party services
- Possess the ability to clearly convey scoping assumptions and conclusions to BAMTECH senior management
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a Project Manager with video and mobile applications. Experience as a software engineer ideal.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of OTT /SVOD streaming video products is required
- Proven experience in project planning and management, and presentation creation
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverables across projects and resources
- Experience with Clarizen Project Management software is ideal, but not required
- Bachelor's degree highly preferable
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.