Technical WriterApply NowApply Later Job ID 886772BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 19, 2021
The Media Distribution team is seeking a talented Technical Writer to support the growing Partner Portal Operations team. The Media Distribution team within Disney Streaming is responsible for the development, support, and management of MVPD Partner software integrations, enabling third-party distribution channels for streaming services such as Disney+, ESPN+, and others. We are looking for an experienced communicator with demonstrable success in project management, software engineering, and technical writing.
As a Technical Writer within the Media Distribution organization, you will coordinate technical documentation projects between multiple cross-functional teams to benefit external stakeholders. This position will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the Partner API and ADK documentation, by sourcing technical information from Engineering teams and curating it for constant tenor, tone, and style. You will also create internal processes for managing new documentation projects, guide documentation efforts to create best in class technical documentation and operate the content release management process for the Partner Portal – inclusive of obtaining approvals, scheduling content releases, and publishing release notes of changes.
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality documentation and process, regardless of the challenges
- You are articulate and possess above-average writing skills
- You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
- You build strong relationships with partner engineering, product, operations, and business teams
- You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
- You can stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment
- You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
- You are able to execute on several technical documentation projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed team, while balancing competing priorities
- Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
- Author and curate technical documentation
- Manage the individuals responsible for the delivery of documentation source material
- Develop, maintain, and deliver against a project plan for documentation delivery
- Documentation process development and management, inclusive of release management workflow and external communications
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can execute documentation projects that engage multiple teams while requiring minimal external guidance. You know how to read a room and ask great questions and have a proven capacity to quickly learn new technologies. You have created technical documentation in multiple formats and are an experienced technical communicator. You’ve managed global projects with competing priorities and while balancing multiple stakeholders.
- BA/BS in a technical field OR journalism (or related) OR equivalent practical experience
- Have 3+ years’ experience in a technical communications role
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Experience in content development
- Exposure to software development / engineering
- Strong project and content management skills with a focus on meeting milestones and deadlines
- Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies to deliver effective product content
- Dedication to quality standards; eager to review materials and provide constructive feedback
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with remote and global teams
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.