Texture ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001192 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Creates the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
What You'll Do
- Works with production team (VFX Supervisor, Senior Texture Artist) to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments
- Responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production
- Participates as a team member in identifying various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and Look Development TD's in achieving desired look of photoreal models
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
What We're Looking For
- At least 4 years experience
- Demo reel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in painting, illustration or design.
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Maya, Mari (preferred), Zbrush, Photoshop, or Substance Painter. Ability to navigate complex Computer Graphics pipelines
- Nice to have:
- Modeling skills a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to liaise with various parts of the Computer Graphics pipeline, manage person schedules
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.