San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 860531BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Sep. 25, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Streaming Transmission Engineering group provides a 24-hour operation, with tier 1 and tier 2 support for various broadcast systems. Transmission Engineers operate from the Transmission Operation Center (TOC) or work remotely as required by leadership, managing all A/V transmission paths into our data centers. Engineers also monitor and analyze the delivery of all A/V transmission to our external partners. Candidates should have an eagerness to learn and adapt to new broadcast and IP technologies in order to meet our current and future needs.
Disney Streaming Transmission Engineers are responsible for distribution, switching, and quality control monitoring of event-based and linear acquisition signals, regardless of the format (linear television, IP, fiber, etc.). Transmission Engineers also ensure that assigned partner distribution transmission is configured and routed as ordered. They will act as a technical liaison to clients and our partners to remotely troubleshoot signal issues, as well as notifying internal and external parties of signal outages. Transmission Engineers ensure all signals meet strict quality control standards and adjust video, audio and captions as required. Transmission Engineers are expected to keep meticulous notes on any troubleshooting and will help to compose documentation on standard operating procedures as needed.
The role will be based out of our San Francisco office. It will be an evening position, with a schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
- Routing and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our facilities.
- Quickly identify and resolve issues in a live production environment.
- Remotely configure hardware as required for live events and linear acquisition and distribution.
- Provide professional, courteous and timely technical support.
- 2+ years in Broadcast Engineering, Acquisition, Transmission or similar work environment.
- Working knowledge of transmission and acquisition equipment and systems.
- Flexible availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Working knowledge of SD/HD-SDI, ASI, MPEG and J2K signal types.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital audio signals.
- Knowledge of networking and TS Over IP principles.
- Experience with Evertz, Snell, Grass Valley, Ross, Ateme, Sencore and other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
- Understanding signal flows and CAD drawings.
- Some knowledge of elastic search and real-time analytics/visualizations.
- Experience in similar fast paced environments.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.