Undergraduate Intern - Design DepartmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 916475BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
We are looking for a Design Department Intern who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset] and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm Animation.
The Design Intern will work with and help support the Design department, creating Concept Art as Reference for Overseas Vendor(s).
- Assist with the pre-design phase, gathering reference materials and setting up pre production elements for episodes -- this includes asset reference, images, paintovers, and file management.
- Support and create concept designs to assist the design team with episodic production.
- Provide paint-overs, annotations, or reference as-needed to help convey notes to Overseas Vendor(s).
- Assist with gathering reference materials and setup of documents for creating internal reference libraries.
- Excited to learn about episodic animation production and work with the Lucasfilm Animation Design team in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in photoshop -- other 2D/3D software knowledge a plus.
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or recently graduated within the past 6 months.
- Well-rounded artistic skillset; demonstrated ability to switch between work on characters, creatures, sets, props and vehicles.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.