Already applied?View Dashboard
Undergraduate Intern - Digital Assets (Fall)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 597933BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Oct. 02, 2018
Job Summary:The Digital Asset Support Intern will work within the Asset Department to provide support for asset related needs of the Story team. Successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in Maya and will have a strong understanding of standard CG asset building methodologies.
Responsibilities:Candidates will be responsible for creating low resolution proxy models from existing high resolution assets as required by production. They will need to become proficient with internal rigging software to help build character assets for use in previz applications.
- General fluency in multiple CG disciplines including modeling, texturing and rigging.
- Functional experience with Maya and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn show asset standards to aid in assets evaluation.
- Able to create detailed documentation explaining issues related to asset quality.
- Confirm assets received from vendors match functional and aesthetic requirements as directed by design and final approved renders.
- Ability to create aesthetically pleasing low resolution proxy models.
- Other duties in support of the Asset Department.
- All under the supervision and guidance of the show Digital Asset Supervisor.
- Must be available to work at the Lucasfilm facilities in San Francisco, as a local hire.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers.
- Self-starter, energetic, and able to prioritize workload.
- Team player that strives to maximize team and department performance.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Experience managing notes on production assets, and/or production reports.
- Experience in converting file types (Zbrush to a 3D storyboard, etc).
- Currently enrolled in Art & Design program or related curriculum with 3D CG course material OR someone who has recently graduated (July 2018 at the latest), from a similar program.
- Strong interest and/or past experience in the construction of 3D models for CG animation.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.