Undergraduate Intern - Pipeline Technical AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID 916459BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
We are looking for a Pipeline Technical Assistant Intern who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm Animation.
As part of the Lucasfilm Animation Production Engineering Department, the Pipeline Technical Assistant Intern will provide technical support to our internal productions. This role will provide the opportunity to learn, support and maintain pipeline tools used in all phases of animation production, from design and story to animation and post production.
- Offering front line support and troubleshooting technical problems for the artists
- Gaining an understanding of workflow and pipeline tools and debugging errors and issues
- Assisting the Production Engineering team in development of new tools and features
- Developing automated tool tests
- Experience with Python required, preferably both versions 2 & 3
- Familiarity with Animation Production
- Experience and/or passion for software and tools that relate to a Computer Graphics environment
- Ability to communicate at both technical and non-technical levels with colleagues and artists
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Experience with Maya and Nuke with other DCC’s a plus
- Proficiency with Linux and the command line
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.