Already applied?View Dashboard
Undergraduate Intern (Spring)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 645570BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
Job Summary:Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels” are looking for a versatile Production Intern to join their production team.
Working closely with the Production Manager & the Look Development Coordinator, the Production Intern is responsible for supporting the day to day tasks of the Internal Design Department.
- Prepare for and follow-up on Design kickoff meetings. Duties include, but are not limited to: design packet creation, printing materials, room set-up and reset, scanning drawings.
- Collect and prepare reference for Pre-Design and Design Kickoff meetings and input notes and reference from the meetings into internal creative/asset tracking system.
- Add both Omit and existing assets into internal creative/asset tracking system.
- Attend all Design Dailies, taking notes and distributing to proper stakeholders, following the meeting, while updating statuses in internal creative/asset tracking system.
- Take and distribute Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) notes and complete necessary SOP work on designs.
- Assist Coordinator with design deliveries.
- Create and maintain design boards.
- Maintain original art filing.
- Maintain character background documents.
- Maintain Design binders.
- Train with Coordinator on Screen Display Process, with eventual goal of assuming responsibility for Screen Display Breakdowns and Linking.
Requires excellent administrative skills, including strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
Strong attention to detail, time management, and follow up/follow through skills required.
Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
Newly graduated (within one year) or still in school, obtaining Bachelor's Degree in film, art, communications or related field.
1 year of experience in Production, preferably in Animation.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.