Video Asset SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 822574BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Aug. 06, 2021
We are looking for a Video Asset Specialist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Video Asset Specialist provides operational support to the Video Asset Management team. Primary responsibility is the management of the video asset archives, including legacy sources, new camera sources and completed edit masters. This includes maintaining proper logging, tagging and organization. Will also support the Video Asset team with other tasks, as needed.
- Research, collect, log and digitize assets for Video Asset team
- Maintain proper metadata entry in various asset management databases and tracking tools
- Assist in organization of a vast library of video asset archives
- Archival of camera original sources - requires knowledge of current camera codecs in use
- Assist in fulfilling 'dub requests', as needed - requires search and retrieval of archived assets, light editing based on project needs, export/compression and delivery
- Assist Editing Coordinator with tasks related to logging of newly acquired assets
- Assist with LTO archive database, physical tape library, LTO robot and future storage solutions
- Additional logging and transcription support, as needed
- Experience using Avid Media Composer
- Experience logging video content and tracking metadata across multiple databases
- Preferred knowledge of Avid Interplay/MediaCentral platform
- Extremely strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Capable of making sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple demands with professional diplomacy.
- Flexible, receptive and open to change.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented and a problem solver with a desire to contribute to a uniquely creative environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in video production, editorial, or post-production
- Experience using various database tools, including FileMaker Pro
- Experience managing media in Avid and on a shared storage ISIS
- Knowledge of standard AMA-link/transcode workflow in Avid
- Experience using various compression tools
- Experience with LTO tape archival software/hardware
- Experience using Windows, Mac, MS Office, Google Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of various camera types ats/codecs
- Knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut, Resolve, etc. a plus
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.