Already applied?View Dashboard
Video Production Intern, Lucasfilm - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 499758BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Lucasfilm Date posted 12/21/2017
Lucas Video Production (LVP) is Lucasfilm’s internal video production team that handles video needs across all departments including franchise, features, animation, parks, publicity, ILM, and more. The intern will assist the team responsible for short form content, featurettes, trailers, sizzles, EPKs and touch all stages of production which covers concepting, pre-production, shoot planning, editorial, post production and graphics. The internship is based in San Francisco and will start May/June and go through August/September.Apply Now Apply Later
- Support the department as a whole with scheduling, production planning, coordination and troubleshooting to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Schedule internal and external meetings (incl. off-sites, conference calls, etc.); book resources and acquire materials for meetings and shoots.
- Monitor department calendar and mitigate schedule conflicts.
- Provide the Head of Department, Producer and Production Coordinator with support, which may involve support in various stages of production, including pre-production, shoot logistics, editorial, and post production.
- Under the guidance of the Producer and Production Coordinator, update project task boards and tracking databases.
- Assist with shoots by meet and greeting guests/external vendors, booking travel for the team and external crew, booking shoot locations and ordering catering.
- Create and maintain various production documents, including department intranet pages, onboarding documents, training/how-to manuals, etc.
- Assist in packing and shipping materials and record and track all delivery details.
- Liaise with other departments to acquire assets needed for projects and shoots
- Provide administrative support for the Head of Department when needed
- Interest in video production
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse personalities.
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Aptitude for quickly learning and implementing internal workflow, processes and archive system
- Currently enrolled in an university/college or recently graduated (within the last 6 months) majoring in film, art, theatre, communications or related field
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)