Already applied?View Dashboard
Visual DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 699010BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 03, 2019
We’re looking for a talented, and team-oriented Visual Product Designer to join our San Francisco-based team. You have highly-developed visual design and ux skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and will thrive upon the legacy of our company while embracing unconventional thinking.
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
- Define visual user interfaces for mobile, web, and tv-based media applications. Focus on UI, product branding, and content presentation.
- Develop content imagery for the service, featuring great artwork.
- Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
- Follow a user experience design process from concept to execution; approach design from a user’s perspective, listening to users and balancing their needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities.
- Collaborate with fellow designers (UX, motion/prototypers) to help evolve the design language of the applications.
- Communicate with design leads to understand requirements and priorities.
- Generate design work plans; accurately estimate work items and communicate dependencies and issues as necessary. As a dedicated practitioner, you take full ownership of your work.
- Communicate design decisions and specifications in a scalable and reproducible form.
- 5 years experience in UX/graphic design, shipping successful consumer products in a fast-paced technology environment.
- An online portfolio featuring great work for mobile, tv, and web applications and brand/identity.
- Experience in articulating conceptual and design decisions.
- A love of television, film, and entertainment.
- An innate passion for learning new software design technologies and trends.
- Expert eye for detail high-quality creative.
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce a wide range of visual concepts and directions.
- Experience with shipping consumer-friendly interactive experiences.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate the rationale behind your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf.
- You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- Professional experience with digital media/entertainment and associated platforms (mobile, web, TV) is a plus.
- Experience solving for an international audience and working with remote teams is a plus.
- Solid foundational design skills and sensibilities. Design-related BA/BFA is a plus.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.