Already applied?View Dashboard
VP, Long-Form Physical ProductionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 511463BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Lucasfilm Date posted 03/06/2018
The VP, Long-form Physical Production will help steer our production slate to successful completion, on schedule and on budget. The VP will need to concurrently manage multiple projects and production teams, while overseeing all production related activities. This position will also work with peer executives, department heads, and creative teams to ensure alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
**Position requires relocation to the Bay Area**
- Contribute as a member of the division’s senior management team and facilitate business relations with other production divisions.
- Participate in studio and business initiatives and growth, develop and ensure healthy leadership throughout the studio.
- Manage and review department schedules and reports and pinpoint key areas of risk and resolve and/or escalate concerns.
- Provide day to day assistance and problem solving with long-form production management.
- Support hiring of talent of production management across all projects in current long-form production and/or development.
- Partner with internal teams including; Finance, Production, Post Production, Business Affairs, Legal, IT, HR, Operations, etc.
- Identify industry trends and key growth opportunities.
- Establish consistent production metrics and reporting across all long-form content in production and/or development.
- Partner with Lucasfilm production and finance to create schedule and budget templates for long-form content.
- Collaborate with SVP, Physical Production on building, testing and forming new production and/or development initiatives.
- Support production and development teams and help identify, manage and evaluate subcontractors for long-form content in production.
- Provide recommendations and support getting the most value on screen by pursing production incentives.
- Partner with the Franchise team to facilitate marketing, publicity, interactive, on-line and other franchise based needs.
- Partner with Media Networks for approvals of schedules and distribution plans.
Preferred QualificationsRequired Skills:
- Minimum 12-15 years of production management experience in a long-form production.
- Production management experience including pre-production, and post production.
- Demonstrate world class leadership with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and teams.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and succinctly to a wide audience.
- Think critically and analytically, with a high aptitude for strategic planning and tactical execution on a multitude of simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and track priorities.
- Ability to do significant travel.
- Industry wide knowledge of people and process working in a vibrant studio environment
- A working experience with the long form series and streaming services.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building abilities
- Experience working with subcontractors and ongoing experience with talent