VP, Product Management, Commerce
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768828BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 08, 2020
Job Summary:The Vice-President of Commerce Product will be intimately involved in every aspect of building out a best in class payments platform.
The Vice-President of Product will provide strategic direction to create the best consumer-facing commerce services in the world. This position is responsible for providing leadership for commerce related initiatives, primarily driving global monetization across all subscription streaming services. You will lead and drive innovation for all aspects of commerce, including purchase and payment capabilities. The position works closely with the product, business, marketing, and data organizations to maximize commerce objectives.
Responsibilities:The ideal candidate is a strong leader, collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, has extensive subscription commerce experience, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Drive the development of subscriber payments platform, enabling digital businesses to launch quickly and seamlessly, while maintaining flexibility to respond to changing needs
- Build, develop and lead a team of product managers, providing leadership, and management/guidance around day to day activities
- Foster a culture of innovation and experimentation. Disrupt the industry by doing things no one in the market has even tried or thought of
- Lead the structuring of internal frameworks, tools, processes and platforms that enable payments and innovation
- Provide strategic vision for the Commerce capabilities in a rapidly-changing industry and environment
- Implement best practices that will enable the organization to scale smoothly and to effectively operate at a high cadence
- Experience scaling a global, service-based, digital-subscription platform where customers pay with multiple methods, for both one-time and recurring products, including credit cards, alternative payment methods, stored payment (digital wallet) including secure credit card tokenization
- Deep understanding of providing customer-service functionality, data, and ecosystem to allow CSRs the visibility and tools to diagnose and fix customer related issues
- Deep understanding of measuring the success of execution of a business by providing the right metrics, data and other context to understand and measure product performance
- Operated in an international landscape of payment solutions and localized payment processing
- Deep understanding of recurring payments, challenges, and solutions to help drive down churn and successful billing rates
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders with a proven track record of successfully navigating the social landscape
- Experience with evolving business models in dynamic markets
- Experience managing a cross-disciplinary team in a technology context
- Demonstrated ability to influence change cross functionality
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with a proven ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Track record for building and managing strong teams characterized by high productivity, excellent morale and low turnover. Highly efficient with the use of resources
- Combination of large and small companies is considered ideal. Experience in quality companies known for excellence in engineering is highly desirable
- Track record of implementing and managing end-to-end engineering practices ranging from technology vision to concept, design, development, QA, release, and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams, while effectively influencing senior management on key decisions and direction
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of solutions
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity
- Demonstrated ability to connect and influence others in order to achieve organizational priorities
- 15+ years of experience in a product management leadership role
- Earns Trust of Peers, Reports and Executives
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Technical Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.