Software Engineer – ShopDisney Mobile
San Jose, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 687239BR Location San Jose, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 03/07/2019
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to develop rich mobile applications, focused on easy to use and converting experiences for Disney guests
- Collaborate with web-front-end and backend
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers
- Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 3+ years of Web development and internet technology experience
- 3+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development experience
- Experience designing and developing applications running on mobile platforms for Android
- Experience with mobile software development kit (SDK)
- Experience writing code in Java, for mobile platforms.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working with RESTful API’s and networking
- Must have worked on one or more of the following domains on mobile/embedded devices: Applications, UI/App frameworks, Middleware/Services (e.g. multimedia, internet technologies)
- Knowledge of packaging, signing and provisioning mobile applications
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues in mobile applications
- Strong optimization experience with mobile development
- Experience developing and troubleshooting for different versions of mobile operating systems
- Experience with Web-service development and Restful design patterns
- Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, elated field, or equivalent work experience required
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.