Ad Platform - Lead Software Engineer ( Remote or Hybrid )
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 818686BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:Ad Serving Engineering organization within Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution organization is fully responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Digital Advertising Platform. The platform is charged with the qualification, delivery, and tracking of Digital Advertising campaigns (Video on Demand, Live TV, and innovative interactive ads) across all of Disney online properties, including Hulu and ESPN+.
In addition, Ad Serving teams collaborate in the development of supporting components, such as anti-ad fatigue systems, impression counting pipelines, and ad experience flows. We also work on integrations with critical services responsible for the correct pacing, targeting, and selection of ads.
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and testable software.
On a daily basis you should bring:
- A willingness and desire to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams and systems.
- Demonstrated ownership for the projects delivered by your team and department
- Knowledge of system design and implementation best practices to guide and mentor
- A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast paced environment
- A proven ability to work with product teams to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementations, as well as the ability to define technical and operational metrics to measure system health
- A keen eye for potential optimizations and enhancements to our services
- Kindness and pragmatic optimism.
- Your unique view and experience
- Writing and reviewing a lot of code and tests
- Available for a weekly-rotating On-Call support schedule
- Reading requirements documentation from Product and translating into implementation tickets, and leading the team through execution
- Defining, reviewing, and documenting software and system designs in a high throughput, low latency microservices environment
- Enhancing systems’ observability with proper metrics, monitors and alerts
- Delegating tasks to team members, when needed.
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Advanced proficiency with Java, such as understanding heap, multi-threading, profiling
- Demonstrable analytical / problem solving skills
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
Preferred Qualifications:Comprehensive experience with:
- SpringBoot and related Spring projects
- Non-relational database technologies e.g. DynamoDB
- Redis and/or MemCache
- Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
- AWS or other cloud platform
- Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Ad Tech industry
Additional Information:Alternate Location: Remote (working hours would need to closely overlap with PST)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.