Ad Platform Operations Manager (Solutions Engineering – Channel Ops)
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773772BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 12, 2021
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As an Ad Platform Operations Manager supporting the Ad Platform technology team at DTCI Ad Platforms, you are part of a high performing team redefining TV advertising. We are looking for an experienced technical Platform Operations Manager who would be responsible for owning the day-to-day technical operations for advertising channels at DMED. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, a sense of urgency, experience with critical service operations and the ability to problem-solve in high volume, production environments. The team is fast moving and requires you to translate technology solutions into business impact, while efficiently working with developers, sales, product and operations. For this particular role, you should be well versed in ad technology and distributed systems and comfortable getting into the details of operational mechanics. You will be accountable for the monitoring, health and growth of one or more Ad Platform Addressable platform capabilities (Channels), including Live Dynamic Ad Insertion, Programmatic, Hulu Ad Manager (SMB), Platform data operations or reporting workflows.
- Lead all aspects of ad platform operations for one or more emerging Advertising Platform channels, such as Live, Programmatic, Data or Self-Service.
- Develop strong partnerships with sales, support, engineering, product management and analytics leaders to drive focus on strategic and tactical channel objectives
- Execute communication plans and engage with leadership and stakeholders to report progress and elevate issues
- Ensure monitoring and alerting on production services are in place, and be available on-call for production incidents.
- Develop and maintain dashboards on channel KPIs, including daily operational metrics and quarterly channel performance reviews
- Analyze and communicate the impact of key strategy, market or product changes
- Maintain partner relationships as necessary to ensure channel success
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, relevant technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience in ad technology, operations or support, preferably with focus in video & advertising technology.
- Have a do what it takes attitude. Be flexible, adaptable and a team-player first
- Experience shipping multiple products in an agile software development environment
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.