Advertising Platform Business Development Manager
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 783970BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 15, 2021
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the internal and external integrations that are vital to evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Business Development Manager supporting the DMED Advertising Platform technology team, you are part of a Business Development function that supports Product, Engineering and Operations teams. We are looking for an advertising ecosystem specialist who will be responsible for collaborating with the Advertising Product Management and Partner Operations teams to develop the DMED API ecosystem strategy and then executing the contracts and deal terms that support our vision.
The Business Development Manager will have ownership of the 3rd party assessment, value-definition, commercial partner strategy and contract management functions, and will be responsible for ensuring that the commercial agreements that govern the third party API connections with the DMED Advertising Platform reflect our short- and long-term business objectives.
The right candidate for this role will have expert-level experience in implementing commercial agreements that support advertising API’s, and broad knowledge of the third party systems utilized for planning, buying, reporting, billing, reconciliation, measurement and attribution of linear and addressable advertising.
- Translate DMED Advertising Platforms business strategy into deal points and work with the Product, Engineering, Operations, Legal, Finance and Sales teams to scope and negotiate optimal commercial integration terms with 3rd parties
- Plan, negotiate and execute deals, working with key Disney support teams to implement optimal terms
- End-to-end management of all API-related business development initiatives, from commercial deal strategy to execution
- Prioritize, manage and develop relationships with 3rd party vendors that align to Product strategy, in association with the Partner Operations team
- 7+ year’s experience in a business development, product management, operations or commercial go-to-market
- Strong understanding of the advertising ecosystem
- Able to solve complex and unique deal related issues
- Must have a demonstrable record of success working across Advertising API programs
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining high quality work output
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.