Assoc Data AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 980053BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The right person for this role has exceptional analytical capabilities, thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves problem-solving, is a strong communicator, and is passionate about television and movie content. If you are someone who gains personal satisfaction from utilizing data to drive business decisions and you're eager to learn, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply advanced analytics techniques (data mining, data visualization, statistical analysis, machine learning) on large-scale, high-dimensional data to help drive business decisions
- Analyze customer behavior (e.g., genre preferences, viewing patterns) to identify unmet customer needs and untapped content opportunities
- Analyze content engagement to help guide acquisition decisions
- Optimize our content launch and episode release strategy by analyzing trends and outliers
- Test merchandising strategies to optimize engagement and retention
- Ideate and develop new metrics and KPIs, measuring content performance for both tactical and strategic decision-making
- Provide ad-hoc analysis support for stakeholders to help move the business forward
- Effectively communicate actionable results through compelling data storytelling across the organization
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent knowledge
- Experience in SQL and R and/or Python
- Experience in statistical analysis: distributions, decision trees, regression, clustering etc.
- Outstanding data storytelling skills through verbal, written, and visual communication
- A passion for Media and Entertainment
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.