Associate Principal Counsel, Content Acquisitions – HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 928754BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Hulu is looking to add to its legal team a content licensing attorney with a relevant law firm background and/or television and film distribution experience to focus on negotiating, drafting and closing content licensing agreements for Hulu’s SVOD service. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to tackle multiple projects with strong attention to detail, and preferably have experience negotiating and drafting content licensing agreements on behalf of major television studios, networks or other streaming services. The successful candidate should have at least 5 years of related legal experience. If you're equal parts leader & doer, who brings an ambitious, efficient, and inclusive spirit to all you do, we'd love you to join our team!
- Lead negotiations with studios and other content owners and draft agreements to acquire a wide array of licensed content.
- Provide counsel to the Content Acquisitions team to grow Hulu’s slate of licensed content.
- Work directly with and counsel Hulu’s business teams in all phases of each content licensing transaction from both a business and legal perspective.
- Seek input and drive consensus across the company’s various business units (including content distribution, marketing, technology, product and finance teams) as deal terms are crafted and finalized.
- Advise internal partners across the company on operationalizing contractual requirements.
- 5-8 years total experience.
- J.D. degree; strong academic credentials
- Experience in negotiating and drafting contractual terms, preferably relating to video-on-demand content licensing.
- Background representing media/entertainment companies in complex transactions who have general familiarity with the television/video-on-demand business (e.g., forms of distribution rights, windowing, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- Background at a major television studio or network or an online video distributor negotiating and drafting video-on-demand licensing agreements is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside of expertise.
Additional Information:#CORP_MEDIA and #legalaffairs
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.