Associate Principal Counsel – Content Security and Product - HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 888531BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 29, 2021
Hulu's Legal Department is seeking an attorney with significant content security and technology/product experience to serve as the subject matter expert and provide guidance across our SVOD, LIVE, device partner, and premium add-on deals. In this role, you will structure, draft and negotiate tech and content security terms in SVOD content licenses, Hulu LIVE network carriage agreements, device partner and premium add-on deals, including terms with respect to DRM, output protection, usage rules, device issues, content storage and transmission, Hulu app features and functionalities, and user experience. In addition, you will advise the technology and product teams on implementation of tech and content security contractual commitments. The successful candidate should have at least 5 years of related legal experience. If you're equal parts leader & doer, who brings an ambitious, efficient, and inclusive spirit to all you do, we'd love you to join our team!
- Draft and negotiate content protection and related technology and security terms in Hulu’s content license agreements.
- Establish and oversee implementation of a comprehensive policy and deal strategy around content security and account sharing that is responsive to Hulu’s unique needs.
- Work closely with our Technology and Information Security teams to translate highly technical requirements about our streaming service into the contractual language of the agreements.
- Partner with Information Security to protect Hulu Originals, including in connection with marketing uses, vendor deals, screenings, and other exploitations of Hulu Originals content.
- Provide practical and comprehensive legal advice in triaging and responding to content security-related incidents.
- Collaborate with identity management, geolocation, and account security teams to establish processes for identifying and remediating suspected instances of subscriber account abuse and fraud.
- Partner with media, video pipeline, player, and other teams to ensure that technology stacks and product features are built according to highly-technical contractual terms.
- Assess risk and offer creative solutions to problems in delivering general product and technology counseling in a rapidly-changing streaming industry.
- 5-8 years total experience.
- Experience in negotiating and drafting contractual terms relating to content security and account sharing, including DRM, concurrent stream management, geolocation, and device classification.
- Expertise in both discussing complex technical terms with internal counterparts and distilling those concepts for non-technical stakeholders.
- Background in product and technology counseling, including in building and creating processes around comprehensive strategies for content security and addressing account sharing and abuse.
- Background in computer science is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside of expertise.
- J.D. degree with strong academic credentials.
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#CORP_MEDIA and #legalaffairs
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.