Associate Principal Counsel - HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 780802BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Mar. 29, 2021
- This position will involve working with and counseling Hulu’s marketing teams on a variety of agreements and marketing efforts, with a focus on supporting the subscriber acquisition (media), research and analytics, consumer insights and marketing technology teams. This includes drafting and negotiating agreements with research, survey and other vendors who provide marketing solutions (including for measurement, data matching and analytics), technology and software as a service (SAAS) providers, affiliate networks and DSPs.
- You will also draft and negotiate agreements with publishers, social media networks, streaming TV device platforms and marketing partners for media buys or work with Hulu’s agency partners to do so, and review related creative. Media buys may include custom content, experiential activations, native advertising, sponsorships, and new forms of advertising (e.g., AR filters).
- In addition, you may be asked to help support our marketing team on a variety of commercial contracts, including vendor agreements. Expertise in creative, brand, and content marketing is not required, but a sincere interest in learning and a team-player attitude is necessary.
- Keeping up to speed on the latest developments in internet advertising laws, rules and self-regulatory principles applicable to an internet and media company including the standards set forth by the FTC, DAA, NAI and IAB is an important component of the job.
- Minimum of 6 years of total marketing/advertising legal experience in-house (or comparable law firm)
- Substantial understanding of the marketing and online advertising space as well as relevant federal and state consumer protection and data privacy laws and regulations
- Familiarity with the media buying ecosystem, including affiliate marketing, various ad networks, platforms and types of advertising inventory, as well as insertion orders and IAB terms for digital advertising
- Understanding of technology, the internet and use of data for marketing campaigns (e.g., use of beacons, cookies and cookie alternatives across devices, programmatic technologies and matching of datasets)
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and assess legal risk vis-à-vis business objectives
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.