Associate Principal Counsel, Marketing - HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 928756BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- This position will involve supporting our marketing teams on a variety of commercial contracts (including vendor agreements, event agreements, master services agreements, font/image licenses) and marketing campaigns (including vetting marketing materials and copy in traditional and digital media, talent engagement, influencer promotions, UGC campaigns, and sweepstakes/contests).
- You will draft and negotiate agreements with research, survey, and other vendors who provide marketing solutions (including for measurement, data matching, and analytics), technology and software as a service (SAAS) provider, and affiliate networks. Expertise in marketing technology, affiliate marketing, IAB terms for digital advertising, and data privacy issues is required.
- You will work with and counsel Hulu’s marketing teams on a variety of agreements and marketing efforts, with a focus on supporting the subscriber acquisition (media), partnerships marketing, engagement and retention, research and analytics, brand, PR and events, and social media teams.
- You will lead legal review of promotional offers, including review of creative materials and drafting offer terms and disclaimers.
- You will also draft and negotiate agreements with publishers, social media networks, streaming TV device platforms, and marketing partners for media buys or work with Hulu’s agency partners to do so, and review related creative. Media buys may include custom content, experiential activations, native advertising, sponsorships, and new forms of advertising (e.g., AR filters).
- Keeping up to speed on the latest developments in internet advertising laws, rules, and self-regulatory principles applicable to an internet and media company, including advertising and consumer protection laws, is an important component of the job.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience practicing intellectual property, corporate, or transactional law at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the intellectual property, marketing and digital advertising, or data privacy spaces.
- Familiarity with intellectual property, licensing and clearance, and SAG-AFTRA and other guild issues.
- Understanding of relevant federal and state consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and assess legal risk vis-à-vis business objectives.
- JD degree
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
Additional Information:#CORP_MEDIA and #legalaffairs
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.