Clearance Manager – HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 780804BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Mar. 29, 2021
The Clearance Manager will advise content producers and marketing teams of clearance procedures. In connection therewith, they will also review rough and final cuts of marketing videos and original content, websites, bonus content, behind the scenes/EPK materials, interviews, bloopers, deleted scenes, trailers, TV spots, e-mail creative, digital assets, commercial tie-ins, print ads, and other marketing materials.
- Review scripts to summarize potential clearance issues and necessary next steps.
- Throughout preproduction/production/post production, track and handle all requests from production and Marketing for use of graphics/artwork/photographs/props/set dressing/wardrobe/stills/footage/fonts/other.
- Transmit, follow-up, and track clearance requests to outside parties. Secure necessary licenses and/or permissions via boilerplate forms and protocols.
- Analyze proposed marketing creative, concept art, and graphics, including for standards and practices purposes. Elevate for additional review as needed.
- Consult, as needed, with IP and marketing counsel in connection with copyright, trademark, right of publicity, and contractual matters.
- View rough and final cuts to ensure compliance with clearance instructions.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal teams (e.g., labor relations, consumer products, music).
- Review and clear content in connection with advertising/promotional clearance matters.
- Manage and summarize in Hulu’s format talent, ad/promo, and credit tie restrictions provided by studio partners, and work closely with Marketing teams to interpret and execute restrictions and provide guidance regarding contractual marketing approvals, as they apply to Hulu Originals and licensed content marketing assets.
- 3-5 years in entertainment marketing and/or content (e.g., major film/TV production entity or network) clearance position.
- Knowledge of copyright, trademark, right of publicity, and other legal concepts sufficient to identify and communicate issues.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and seek increased responsibilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and fluctuating environment
- Proficient in autonomously prioritizing work and managing deadlines
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- JD or paralegal degree
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.