Cloud Architect - Subscription Lifecycle Organization
Santa Monica, California - United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oCtnbfwn Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
Hulu's Subscription Lifecycle Organization is seeking a DevOps Architect who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The organization is responsible for the subscription platform that enables interaction of our subscribers and partners with Hulu. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive the infrastructure required to support the application roadmap in close collaboration with development, product and other teams based on future product vision and to increase organizational efficiency.
- Act as the primary interface and enthusiast between the Subscription Lifecycle org and the core infrastructure teams.
- Help development teams in designing secure, robust and scalable services and offline processing pipelines.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on team infrastructure architecture artifacts in the context of the architectural roadmap.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them.
- Develop infrastructure standards and support their adoption.
- Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
- 7+ years of relevant DevOps or infrastructure engineering experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Phenomenal communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- Enthusiasm for driving consensus and ideas across multiple teams, roles and levels in the organization
- Extensive experience with AWS managed services including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS
- Quality-first mentality with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Track record of successful implementation experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Go, Java, Python
- Experience with observability platforms like DataDog, New Relic, etc.
- Experience in a cross-team and architecture focused role
- Experience with Apache Kafka or Spinnaker
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with service discovery/mesh such as Consul or Istio
- Familiarity with domain driven design
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.