Content Acquisition Manager - FilmApply NowApply Later Job ID omfmffwW Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
Hulu’s Content Acquisition team is seeking a Content Acquisition Manager, Film who will be involved in all parts of the content acquisition process including tracking and evaluating opportunities, defining content strategy through rigorous analysis of data, negotiating with and managing relationships with partners, and working across the organization to operationalize content agreements. The role demands someone who can blend quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create actionable insights, dynamic personal skills, and the ability to effectively drive change – all at breakneck pace.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the development, communication, and implementation of Hulu’s expanding film strategy
- Analyze usage metrics and user behaviors behind content consumption, as well as conduct frequent and ongoing viewership and market analysis to inform acquisition decisions and content strategy
- Support and carry out deal-making by, vetting and selecting content, creating financial models to forecast performance, participating in negotiation, and communicating deal parameters internally.
- Develop and own relationships with content partners across the film industry, regularly communicating Hulu’s strategy and needs to the marketplace
- Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the broader strategy of the Content Acquisition team and Hulu overall
- Collaborate with internal teams including Marketing, Brand, Scheduling, PR, and Product to optimize the performance of films on Hulu
- 4-7 years overall experience with 2+ years at top tier consulting firm, investment bank, and/or major media company. Passion for entertainment with encyclopedic knowledge of films across genres and familiarity with the changing landscape of the media industry
- Excellent analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities, with deep attention to detail and MBA-level Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build influential relationships internally and externally
- Great business judgment, proven strategic thinking, and demonstrated consensus building skills
- Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
- Experience writing film development coverage
- Finely honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.