Content Acquisition ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID obe5efws Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 24, 2021
Hulu’s Content Acquisition team is seeking a Content Acquisition Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our TV content team. As a Content Acquisition Manager, you will participate in all stages of our content acquisition process - defining our programming strategy through rigorous analysis of data, sourcing and vetting content opportunities, negotiating directly with US-based studios, and working cross-functionally to amplify our existing content portfolio. This role demands someone who can blend quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create impactful insights, dynamic interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively drive change - all at a breakneck pace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive the formulation and communication of our content strategy internally and externally, using data to drive key business decisions and optimize our content portfolio
- Track and evaluate content, both off-Hulu for potential licensing opportunities and on-Hulu for performance analysis, and work collaboratively with our Finance team to value content opportunities
- Build models and presentations supporting these content strategies and deal proposals
- Own strategic relationships with content partners and negotiate licensing deals
- Operationalize deals, managing all aspects of deal close and on-going deal management, including collaboration with Marketing, Product, PR, Finance, and Legal to ensure deal parameters of our negotiated deals are communicated and executed
- Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the strategy of the Content Acquisition TV team and Hulu overall
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of relevant work experience at a major media company or a top tier consulting firm / investment bank
- "Graduate-level" skill in quantitative analysis and data-driven storytelling
- Excellent communication skills to disseminate information to relevant stakeholders and drive consensus building
- Phenomenal business judgment, proven strategic thinking, and problem solving skills
- Understanding of multicultural content and how to serve diverse audiences
- Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and balancing multiple projects concurrently
- Finely-honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates
- Hands-on experience in the media industry, especially one that brought you into contact with strategy and/or deal making, with an understanding of how the industry is changing and why
- Proficiency in a foreign language
- MBA preferred
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.