Content Partnerships Manager - Live & BroadcastApply NowApply Later Job ID ou0Bcfw1 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Hulu’s Content Partnerships team is seeking a Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Content team. As a Manager in the Content Partnerships team, you will report directly to the Director Content Partnerships and be an integral part of the group responsible for growing Hulu’s live linear service (Hulu with Live TV), with a special focus on broadcast distribution. You will assist the Director with the strategy and carriage agreement negotiations with major broadcast and cable TV networks as assigned. The right person for this role is a self-starter, eager to learn, well-versed in the streaming media ecosystem and experienced in navigating cross-functional relationships within and outside an organization. She/He has exceptional communication and organizational skills and is able to work with TV networks, content providers and internal departments including the broader Content Partnerships team, Marketing, Product, Technology, Finance and Legal to build consensus around mutually beneficial opportunities. Finally, she/he thinks big, learns quickly, and approaches everything with enthusiasm.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist Director with negotiation strategy/review of Hulu with Live TV’s network provider agreements and management of network partner relationships
- Create financial models related to the economic requirements of DMVPD carriage agreements and track offers
- Gather information from internal and external sources and synthesize into decks and presentations suitable for business leads and collaborators to make informed decisions
- Own and lead a key set of network partner relationships, fostering teamwork-based collaboration and executing across all stages of the partnership lifecycle (e.g. deal negotiation, technical/operational cooperation, joint marketing initiatives, account management, roadmap planning, etc.)
- Establish collaborative cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders on the Product, Marketing, Technology, Legal, Finance and Strategy/Business Development teams to execute partnership requirements and deliver on business objectives
- Conduct reporting and data analysis to analyze partner performance, identify potential opportunities and provide key requirements to internal teams to establish relevant partner tracking mechanisms
- Create documents and develop processes to summarize complex agreements and data findings for internal or external use
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA a plus (but not required)
- 4-7 years overall experience, with 3+ years of relationship management with a media/technology focus
- Passion for entertainment, TV and technology with a deep knowledge of the evolution of the digital/media industries
- Strong partner engagement skills with the ability to build influential relationships, and maximize existing partnerships
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, quickly devise feasible solution options, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant stakeholders and ultimately bring about timely resolution
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams on technical projects, specifically in translating business objectives/priorities for product management and engineering colleagues
- Interest and experience in broadcast and/or news is a plus
- Willingness to travel (10-15%)
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.