Content Planning & Analysis AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 977794BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a member of the CP&A team, the Analyst will conduct a wide variety of analyses to inform business decisions related to the content portfolios of Disney+, Hulu, and Star. This is a cross-functional role that involves an interdisciplinary understanding of content strategy, business operations, and data.
- Analyze the performance of Disney’s content catalog on its streaming platforms and summarize findings for key stakeholders, with the aim of optimizing content mix on each distribution platform for acquiring and retaining users
- Build and maintain models to set performance targets, monitor key indicators of content engagement, and track progress against business objectives
- Create clear and thoughtful presentations to share insights about the performance of disparate portfolios, brands, and genres
- Develop analyses and frameworks used to identify areas for optimization on past content investments, drive strategic decision-making, and identify future content investment opportunities
- Communicate actionable recommendations to a diverse audience of stakeholders with varying skill sets and job functions
- Internship or 1 year of experience in a fast-paced, highly analytical, and cross-functional role
- Proficient Excel modeling skills to clean, transform, and interpret large sets of data
- Fluency in building thoughtful visualization of complex datasets and translating data to insights
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing different database tools such as SQL
- Candidate must be motivated, organized, flexible, and be able to work effectively in collaborative and autonomous environments
- Demonstrated interest in learning additional tools and programming languages to provide creative solutions to challenging questions
- A passion for content, business, and data
- Familiarity with intermediate statistical concepts and analysis techniques
- High EQ and professional maturity
- Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Familiarity with SQL and prior experience in interacting with sophisticated databases is a plus
- 4-year degree in relevant field
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.