Content Scheduling & Prioritization ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID oyOTefwd Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 24, 2021
Hulu's Content Partnerships team is seeking a Content Scheduling and Prioritization Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our growing team. In this role, you will schedule, prioritize, and optimize the best of Hulu's content across the organization's efforts to increase subscriber acquisition, engagement, and retention. You will play a significant role in structuring the overall strategic approach that showcases the depth, breadth, and exclusivity of content Hulu has to offer. Using data analytics, tracking the competitive marketplace, and working across teams, you will help inform our strategy to various Disney brands and senior executives.
We are seeking an intellectually curious innovator who exhibits a high level of independent thinking, has strong attention to detail, and loves to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal happiness when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Hulu and the portfolio, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Use market and behavior data along with audience research to drive data and analytics that determine effective scheduling strategies for original and licensed titles, identify scheduling gaps and audience segment opportunities
- Track the competitive marketplace, new subscriber acquisition/brand/content strategies, and work cross-functionally to continuously optimize and recommend content priorities and monitor performance
- Strategize and author business documents and reports to recommend new business initiatives in relation to scheduling and prioritization of content as well as communicate state of the business
- Help inform the strategy of scalable targeting and audience segmentation to create maximum impact by leveraging the right content, to the right user/potential user, at the right time
WHAT TO BRING
- Experience in and/or passion for TV content in both 'old' and 'new' media, and an understanding of how the industry is changing and why
- 5+ years of scheduling experience with demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role
- Understanding of multicultural content and knowledge on how to serve diverse audiences
- Advanced knowledge of using spreadsheets and building presentations
- Highly proficient with quantitative data analysis and utilizing data to drive decision-making
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- A detail-oriented, well-organized attitude, with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, shift priorities seamlessly, and remain calm under pressure
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, or Marketing
- Entertainment experience
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.