Creative Director, Brand DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 983780BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Hulu Marketing’s GreenHouse creative group is seeking a (Creative) Director, Brand Design who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As an Creative Director you will lead a team of art directors and designers, focused on developing & stewarding our brand design expression across evergreen communications and campaigns. The right person for this role must have a world-class visual and product design portfolio, experience in developing future-forward design systems, and plenty of vision.
If you have a strong background in mentoring designers and the ability to be both conceptual and process oriented, you are who we are looking for. You will lead and inspire designers to produce nothing short of mind blowing work. If you are a dedicated design leader looking to join a team of trail-blazers at the edge of design, tech and entertainment, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- You will work directly with the Design Creative Director in defining the future state of Hulu Marketing creative.
- Lead the creative development and production of cohesive product marketing and education videos and assets.
- Partner closely with the UX design team to provide creative leadership in the development of front porch landing pages.
- Actively develop and evolve a best-in-class Design Language System.
- Institute design processes and cross-functional collaboration models.
- Evangelize intentional design and design thinking.
- Apply your deep understanding of Product and Product Marketing trends to future state concepts and prototypes.
- Lead and develop a small team of designers: setting clear goals, handling project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer on projects. Lead by example.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Collaborate with teams and other managers in other offices
What to bring
- A strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- A passion for working in the Technology and Entertainment space.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision-making
- 3+ years of proven and effective people management experience with a brand or product marketing design team
- 6+ years of entertainment or brand marketing creative experience
- Incredibly strong design portfolio with examples of award-winning interaction and visual design
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product strategy
- Attention to detail, extraordinary organizational and analytical skills are a requirement
- Proven ability to create a nurturing environment for hardworking designers, solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality and innovation.
- You are able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ work and to design experiences that are simple and elegant and progressive
- Contribute to a unique design culture and attract world-class talent
- Design/ design thinking speaking experience
- Degree in Design (e.g, graphic, visual communications, interaction, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.