Creative Director, Originals Marketing - Onyx CollectiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 864289BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Oct. 03, 2021
- Define the creative look and feel of all content campaigns (print, a/v, social and digital) in partnership with internal strategic and cross functional partners.
- Drive creative direction and development with both internal and external agencies and production partners.
- Develop tactics that bring cultural relevance to our shows among targeted audiences.
- Identify new channels and first-to-market opportunities for our content brands to activate while providing a logical framework for future innovation.
- Win support for your campaign ideas from all relevant partners, including Onyx and DGE executives and external talent.
- Manage relationships with cross functional teams to execute campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other marketing functions, including brand marketing, social, creative and PR to ensure campaigns fit with overall brand initiatives and communications timelines
- Develop and guide on-set photo shoots, directing and producing talent and production to execute pre-set creative objectives.
- 10+ years of experience marketing content with a proven record of strong creative judgment to engage a mass audience.
- Ability to think strategically and innovate in both established and new mediums.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft a story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies.
- Experience managing creative budgets and systems.
- A genuine love for television and desire to change the status quo.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively and use research based and cultural insights to inform and amplify creative
- Relevant experience in marketing to specific audience groups, proven history of executing content marketing campaigns and developing new processes and strategies that drive marketing campaign success
- Exceptional communication skills and a true cross-functional collaborator
- Superb work ethic and positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under hard deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter, inspiring leader
- Ability to authentically reflect the needs of specific audiences
- Great teammate with leadership skills. Ability and desire to interact with cross-functional team members
- Ability to travel, work evenings and weekends as needed
- Deep understanding of the entertainment industry and Awards machine
- Experience within a subscription-based business is a plus but not required.
- Copywriting, scripting, and proofreading acumen.
- Understanding of Paid-ads, ratings systems, and legal clearance procedures.
Additional Information:Onyx Collective is a new content brand on Hulu designed to curate a slate of premium entertainment by creators of color and underrepresented voices.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.