Data AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10021277 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Product Data Analyst, P2
DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global advertising technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, data operations, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Product Data Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting our data first mentality across the Ad Platform Product organization – working with a high performing and growing team to help business and product partners make more effective decisions related to our advertising product suite. We are looking for a curious data analyst who will support the Ad Platform organization through the exploration of numerous data sets available - uncovering relationships, confirming hypotheses, and providing insights through exploration and analysis. You will work with a diverse set of stakeholders across Ad Platform and Ad Sales organizations to assist with unpacking the performance across various products and business units. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of asking big questions, untangling advertising data and surfacing findings. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that is looking to be a part of monumental change across the Disney Ad Platforms organization.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and to access and analyze data
- Conduct deep dives to diagnose business challenges, drivers of performance, and resulting issues/opportunities to grow Disney’s advertising product lines and business
- Build data visualizations and cross-functional enterprise reports using multiple data sources for key performance metric tracking and significant trends analysis
- Partner with Ad Product teams to define and automate routine analysis and reporting to track and manage performance
- Provides support to team members throughout the Digital BI Product group through the proactive analysis of data relationships, concepts and availability across all ad sales platforms – including, but not limited to, digital, linear, third party aggregators (e.g. Ad-Juster, STAQ), and programmatic platforms.
- Document and communicate results of analysis with product teams to support future enhancements and initiatives within the Digital BI Program.
- Collaborate with other product managers to help define requirements for business intelligence products to meet business needs.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in at least one of the following disciplines, or relevant work experience: Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in data analysis or data science, preferably within the advertising space, demonstrating strong analytical skills
- Ability to read/write SQL queries to analyze data
- Experience with various business intelligence tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, Looker, etc. and understanding of how and when to use data visualization to help tell the story
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment that is constantly evolving.
- Experience with work management and documentation tools, preferably Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with working for a large-scale media or technology company, specifically with Advertising Sales, Finance, and/or Research organizations
- Hands on experience with using statistical analysis to determine business outcomes
- Familiarity and exposure to data modeling and data science concepts
The hiring range for this remote position is $87,900 to $$137,300 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.