Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID 873546BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 09, 2021
- Creating and optimizing audience segmentation models that enable us to target specific audiences based on brand affinities, app behavior, and video viewership among other things
- Examining other ways to expand audience sizes and depth through look-alike modeling of behaviors within our own network of digital properties
- Analyzing the performance of models in real-world campaigns and collaborating with the audience modeling team to optimize and refine the models
- Perform business intelligence analysis and data mining on large, complex data sets to understand user behavior across the portfolio
- Help grow a multichannel advertising technology capability by leveraging internal and external datasets to expand our reach within and across platforms
- Build predictive models and algorithms to optimize products
- Develop new tools, statistical models, and analysis processes to improve how data is used across the organization.
- Distill and socialize insights across all levels of DMED, as well as other segments of The Walt Disney Company to help drive decision making
- Design, analyze, and present results from controlled experiments to test hypotheses and improve best practices across the organization.
- Through industry research, ongoing education, and practical experience, become a leading subject matter expert in digital user behavior, monetization, and engagement.
- 2-3+ years demonstrable experience driving measurable results (monetization, engagement) with digital products across various business models.
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious)
- Excellent understanding of statistics and the ability to confidently translate statistical analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations
- Proven ability in predictive analytics and modeling
- Strong experience with writing SQL to extract and manipulate data at the source (experience with Hive/Hadoop/cloud data platforms a plus)
- Experience with R, Python, or other statistical computing packages
- Experience building complex visualizations (Tableau, Looker a plus)
- Experience with consumer behavior and insights analysis (transactional and usage)
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle BlueKai or other DMPs a plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Required EducationB.A. or B.S. (MS, MBA, or PhD a plus) in a quantitative field (Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics, experimental science, or similar)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.