Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID 7087215020220313 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
- Creating and optimizing audience classification models that enable us to predict and target strategic audience attributes, including brand affinity, purchase behavior, and psychographics
- Integrating a broad suite of complex datasets, from digital event logs to sporting event metadata, into carefully curated and reusable data models
- Publishing audience attributes across an array of ad-serving endpoints
- Working cross-functionally to ensure our data product is aligned with the goals of each strategic sales vertical and the business as a whole
We are looking for Data Scientists with strong SQL skills, knowledge of implementing ETL/orchestration processes and excellent data engineering background to join the Walt Disney Company’s DMED segment on the Ad Sales team. This role reports into the Data Science Strategy organization that manages key revenue-driving products for the Audience Modeling and Data Science team. The ideal candidate is a Data Science Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Engineer or Software Engineer that is looking to grow into a high-visibility, client-facing role.
- Create automated data feeds using various SQL orchestration platforms to support data science products.
- Participate and engage in product-development meetings and translate business requirements to technical action items for data feeds and reporting.
- Analyze the UX of data science products and provide feedback to management/product teams to implement.
- Leverage cloud SQL software and open-source tools to wrangle huge amounts of data across dozens of sources into a unified data model.
- Interact with business stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand macro-level organization strategy and help drive forward data science initiatives.
- Assist in development and orchestration of processes that egress data to storage repositories and API endpoints.
- Collaborate on rapid prototype MVP (minimum-viable product) solutions for emerging opportunities.
- Translate business language and requirements into technical action items.
Basic Qualifications :
- 2-3+ years of experience in data engineering, data science or software engineering.
- Strong experience in Google Cloud, AWS, or other cloud platforms a must.
- Experience in end-to-end data quality assurance analysis, with ability to identify and address the ‘why’ in complex pipeline processes.
- A desire to work directly with business stakeholders and understand strategic decision making in a communication-heavy data science role.
- Proven ability in developing production-ready data pipelines utilizing orchestration applications.
- Strong experience using SQL to transform and summarize data (Spark, Beam, Hadoop, and other big data processing software a plus).
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious).
- Great organization, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work and learn independently.
Required Education :
B.A. or B.S. (MS, MBA, or PhD a plus) in a quantitative field (Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics, experimental science, or similar)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.