Data Strategy ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 873853BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
- Creating and optimizing audience segmentation models that enable us to target specific audiences based on brand affinities, app behavior, and video viewership among other things
- Examining other ways to expand audience sizes and depth through look-alike modeling of behaviors within our own network of digital properties
- Analyzing the performance of models in real-world campaigns and collaborating with the audience modeling team to optimize and refine the models.
- Building and refining the audience graph to understand users in both the registered and anonymous space
Responsibilities:We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Data Science & Analytics team as a Data Strategy Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for driving improvements across DMED's portfolio of offerings by using data. Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, you will develop, drive, and oversee new strategies to ensure the growth of the business and the overall bottom line.
- Maintain the data strategy roadmap as it pertains to audience modeling, measurement, and insights
- Help facilitate the Data Science Intake Process, ensuring needs from the business are vetted, tracked and allocated to individuals in a timely manner
- Balance business timelines with scientific rigor to improve decision making while working in an MVP (minimum viable product) model environment
- Bring consistency to the data science team’s methods for documentation, tracking and internal project facilitation
- Manage a cloud data environment, ensuring proper access management and monitoring costs
- Serve as a liaison in managing external/internal data feeds that the team relies on for modeling, ensuring that data is accurate and fits team needs
- Serve as an additional technical resource when necessary, stepping in to perform task-oriented work in SQL or other applicable languages
- 3+ years of experience working in a data science environment in a direct or indirect capacity, with desire to pivot into a strategic and communications-based role
- Experience with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs and other tools (SQL, SAS, R, etc.) with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret quantitative data.
- Experience with multiple cloud data warehouses and knowledge of how to transfer data between them
- Extreme attention to detail and organization skills, with the ability to track and pivot across multiple focus-areas when needed
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile environment helping lead development of requirements, management of workflows and priorities, and generation of feedback to a data team
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious)
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as lead a growing team
- Knowledge of Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle BlueKai or other DMPs a plus
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.