Design Ops Program ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID o4lEffw2 Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jul. 22, 2021
Disney Streaming is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and open up the boundaries of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
About the Team
The DS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a DesignOps Lead to supervise our UX Team Ops team. You will amplify the impact of design throughout Disney Streaming by enabling designers to focus on work and facilitating communication and visibility amongst design and its partners. You have experience building and leading design operations at scale, and will use your experience to architect UX Team Ops programs that enrich a vibrant culture in which teams can thrive. UX Team Ops focuses on the People and Process stripes of “People, Process and Tools”.
As a Product Design Operations Program Manager you will:
- Set forth strategy and roadmap of transformation initiatives for UX Team Ops across the DS Product Design team
- Hire and mentor a team of UX Team Ops program managers to manage day-to-day operations
- Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership, and outward to cross-functional partners, the executive team, and the company including team health reporting and support
- Lead change management efforts around software and product development lifecycle, partnering closely with our Engineering organization to define process and how our tools suite interacts with those groups (partnering closely with our Design Systems org)
- Collaborate with HRBP and recruiting partners to refine recruiting pipelines/process and attract world-class design talent
- Work with design leadership and HR to expand job family frameworks and growth tracks to empower and scale design teams
- Build a strong design community through events, routines, and practices that amplify the voice of design
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability in design thinking, product design, technology enterprise project or program management, service design or design strategy
- Experience leading a design operations team and design or technological programs at scale
- Deep understanding and development of design processes and systems including digital software development, device technology and otherwise working with partner teams such as engineering, product, finance and marketing
- Understanding of change management practices for scaling teams
- Strategic acumen and the foresight to anticipate complex, cross functional problems
- Ability to manage cross functional initiatives with many stakeholders within design and outside, across business units
- Exceptional communication at every level of the business, influencing executives and inspiring team members
- Ability to advocate for designers and design as a practice
- Cultivation of relationships and capability of creating a sense of community for distributed teams
- Knowledge of streaming or digital media is a plus
- Experience in creation and roll-out of broad team building programs such as a mentoring program is a plus
About Disney Streaming
- Disney Streaming is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+ (which will include content from Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Fox); Hulu and other popular services. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access their favorite content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Additional Information:Product Design
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.