Design Program Manager, Design SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 869642BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 01, 2021
The DS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
We’re looking for a Design Program Manager to support our Design Systems team across Disney+, Star+ and Hulu. You will amplify the impact of design throughout Disney Streaming by providing the tools and access to the artifacts that will facilitate better communication and visibility amongst design, product, and engineering. You have extensive experience working in an embedded design team, and have been able to run effective sprints supporting design delivery.
As a Design Program Manager you will:
- Steer our strategy and roadmap for the Design Systems team.
- Facilitate and encourage partnerships with scoping and planning amongst our design system practitioners.
- Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership, and laterally to cross-functional partners in engineering.
- Lead change management efforts around software and product development lifecycle partnering closely with our Engineering organization to define process and how our tools suite interacts with the Design Systems team.
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience in product design, design production, technology enterprise project or program management.
- Experience leading design systems team or design teams through design delivery.
- Deep understanding and development of design processes and systems including software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of change management practices for scaling teams.
- Ability to manage cross-functional initiatives with many stakeholders within design and outside, across business units.
- Exceptional communication at every level of the business, influencing executives and inspiring team members
- Ability to advocate for designers and Design Systems as a practice.
- Cultivation of relationships and capability of creating a sense of community for distributed teams.
- Support quarterly goals of the Design Systems team and be able to quantify personal impact to map to team success.
- Advocate of the design system by driving governance, community, and adoption via office hours and our official Slack channels.
- Relentlessly advocate for best practices and define usage guidelines accordingly
- Experience in creation and roll-out of education and training programs is a plus.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.