Digital Content/SEO StrategistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10007387 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Disney Streaming Viewer Experience (VX, or Customer Support) organization is seeking a Digital Content Strategist, SEO & Targeting who will be an integral addition to our Self-Service Content & Engagement team. As a Digital Content Strategist, SEO & Targeting, you will be responsible for the findability of our Help Center websites for Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ and Star+. You’ll analyze and drive SEO efforts, developing strategies to improve our search rankings so that more viewers can quickly find the support content they need to resolve their issues. You’ll also oversee our off-channel targeting strategy, determining where and when we should market specific content, and to whom. On the day-to-day, you’ll collaborate with a strong group of product managers, analysts, writers, and content strategists to assess SEO implementation opportunities, execute on strategies, and ensure we’re reaching the intended audiences with the right reporting in place to be agile and successful. The ideal candidate for this role has a background in driving SEO strategies for a content team, has fundamental knowledge of technical SEO, and has deep empathy for anyone who just wants to unwind with some trouble-free TV time. This is a versatile, fast-paced position, so flexibility, empathy and strong collaboration skills are a must
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Oversee our help center SEO and SEM strategy for Disney Streaming brands; conduct audits and regularly identify opportunities to optimize content for improved rankings and increased traffic
- Drive the business case for technical SEO opportunities that require product development, partnering closely with Product Managers and engineers to assess implementation
- Standardize and maintain guidelines for SEO-friendly content, including governance around titles, meta, and promoted search terms; partner with writers to ensure guidelines are applied appropriately
- Identify and execute off-channel marketing/targeting opportunities for the help center (in-app placements, transactional emails, etc.)
- Define KPIs and work with the analytics team to ensure reporting is built and maintained
- Regularly synthesize and share content insights in order to advocate for the best user experience using data, industry best practices, and experimentation
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 2+ years managing SEO strategies and guiding implementation
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and industry-leading SEO tools
- A data-driven mindset with experience leveraging data and research to analyze content performance
- Strong technical acumen with experience working efficiently across multiple tools and/or content management systems
- Excellent writing skills with experience writing in different styles and tones on behalf of a brand
- Ability to independently lead projects and set objectives in a cross-functional environment
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust communication style by audience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- 5+ years of combined experience in a digital content role
- Experience managing paid search campaigns
- Experience with global content management and localization
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.