Digital Content Strategist, Optimization & Organization
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 928987BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The combined Disney Streaming and Hulu Viewer Experience (VX, or Customer Support) organization is seeking a Digital Content Strategist who will be an essential addition to our Self-Service Content & Engagement team.
As a Digital Content Strategist, you will be responsible for overseeing the optimization and organization strategy for help articles across the Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ and Star+ help centers. You’ll analyze and drive content audits, developing overarching strategies to improve help articles to increase self-service resolutions. You’ll also govern our content modeling strategy to ensure articles are organized and easy to find for external and internal users. On the day-to-day, you’ll collaborate with a strong group of writers, product specialists, content strategists, and analysts to understand service complexities, incorporate customer insights into our optimization strategies, and ensure we have the right reporting to be agile and successful.
The ideal candidate for this role has a background in digital content strategy and customer support, is skilled at working both tactically and strategically, and has deep empathy for anyone who just wants to unwind with some trouble-free TV time. This is a versatile, fast-paced position, so flexibility, empathy and strong collaboration skills are a must.
- Drive article content audits, creating an overarching content strategy with input from writing team and product specialists; develop KPIs and measure success
- Regularly analyze article performance and on-channel search terms to identify content gaps and opportunities to optimize low-performing and top-viewed articles
- Lead monthly content optimization meetings to share insights and recommendations
- Oversee content modeling strategy to ensure help center articles are categorized in an accurate and predictable manner, both externally and internally
- Oversee the incident messaging strategy across self-service channels, continuing to scale our efforts while ensuring incident management team is set up for success; write copy for additional alerts as needed
- Define KPIs and work with the analytics team to ensure reporting is built and maintained
- Regularly synthesize and share content insights in order to advocate for the best user experience using data, industry best practices, and experimentation
- 5+ years of combined experience in a digital content, user insights or relevant customer support role; 2+ years of experience in digital content strategy
- Data-driven mindset with strong technical acumen; experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to analyze content
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to write in different styles and tones on behalf of a brand
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust communication style by audience
- Ability to independently lead projects and set objectives in a cross-functional environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience writing customer support content
- Experience with global content management and localization
- Experience working with Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.