Dir, Business Ops and Exec ReportingApply NowApply Later Job ID 953679BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / Glendale, Canada Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
This role will get to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with senior leads across Disney Streaming and the broader Walt Disney Company to develop comprehensive materials that drive key business decisions regarding the future of the business and products. It will directly support Disney Streaming President, service Presidents, segment Chairman and Executive VPs in the management of the direct-to-consumer streaming businesses.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, endlessly curious, and has the unique ability to combine and translate data, technical analysis, and marketing plans into concise exec-friendly artifacts. While relationship building and written and verbal communication is the backbone of this position, the role also requires editorial judgment, the ability to shift between the macro and micro, and the ability to interface directly with senior leadership.
- Be on the ground floor of business / product decision making by leading the daily / weekly publishing of insightful, data-driven executive reporting for Disney Streaming and DMED segment leadership
- Own relationships with internal leaders across finance, analytics, marketing, commerce, and product teams to stay on leading edge of the business- planned activities, forecasts, KPIs, and business performance
- Manage a team of “reporters” and leverage a team of business analysts to anticipate and ask new questions about business performance and drive for insightful answers
- Deliver business intelligence gathering and smart synthesis from voluminous and disparate information sources - qualitative, quantitative, technical, financial
- Draft executive memos and reports with authority, business purpose and data-driven narrative, with deep understanding of our business models and outcomes
- Explain and coach others to explain complex situations clearly and simply with exec-friendly prose and visualizations
- Support business intelligence and reporting at scale by designing frameworks, processes, and infrastructure to enable speed, consistency, and depth of reporting and insights
- Lead the charge in shaping business communications for broader stakeholder messaging about sensitive, market-moving performance metrics
- Be a trusted steward of business mission and performance narrative
- 9+ years work experience
- Broad business management background
- Experience building and managing a team and operation for scale; coaching and managerial presence
- Experience producing written and presentation materials for a senior executive audience
- Must be able to read data, absorb large quantities and frequent changes to qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to translate qualitative and quantitative data into a compelling narrative that concludes with set of results and recommendations - in executive memo, report, and presentation form
- Able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
- Superlative written, verbal and analytical skills; deck design skills are key
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.