Director, Business Affairs HULUApply NowApply Later Job ID 788592BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
- Negotiate a high volume of service deals for a wide variety of programming, including scripted, non-scripted, and some animation.
- Partner with the Hulu legal team on drafting contracts and other issues related to IP matters, unions and guilds, etc.
- Rigorously analyze deal structures and advise on strategy, costs, talent relations and other information relating to the development, production, and licensing of Hulu Originals productions.
- Manage relationships with agents, lawyers and studio executives throughout entertainment industry.
- Minimum 7 years prior transactional television knowledge. Studio experience highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and negotiation skills are required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with complex contracts.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a demonstrated track record of sound business and legal judgment.
- Established relationships within the entertainment and online business and legal communities.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and to remain composed under pressure.
- Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional and helpful manner.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft office applications including, Word and Excel.
- JD degree and active member of CA bar or eligible for Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.