Director, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Reporting
Santa Monica, California, United States; San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 791594BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:We are seeking a leader to manage our Business Intelligence team, and who will help us define, prioritize, and manage strategic and operational work that brings the power of data to our sales and sales operations teams. This Bl team works across our TV and digital businesses, providing reporting and analytics solutions that are used by thousands of Disney employees and that touch every part of the sales process. We ingest data from dozens of sources, and we do it at serious scale (billions of records per day). We build high-level dashboards, in-depth reports, and APls that deliver data to partners.
- Builds relationships with business stakeholders to understand their information-based needs and priorities
- Leads a team of product managers providing guidance on, and ensuring, product management best practices
- Defines and maintains a set of strategic product roadmaps within a specific program area
- Manages, motivates, and sets clear goals for a high performing team
- Reviews and approves product requirements, ensuring these requirements align with the overall product vision stated in the strategic product roadmap
- Ensures alignment between the products we use to surface data and the needs and capabilities of our users
- Uses design-centered thinking methods to ensure we are building products that are easy to find and easy to use
- Monitors KPIs around the usage of the products we develop
- Evangelizes the use of the tools we develop to accelerate automation and optimization efforts within sales
- Educates the broader organization in data literacy
- Promotes and ensures alignment between all relevant product and engineering teams in support of the DMED Technology operating model
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment, and manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad hoc and operational projects
- 10+ years of experience in a product management role, specifically for business intelligence and/or analytics projects/initiatives
- 5+ years managing individuals, specifically individuals in product management roles
- Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills, using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with work management and documentation tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Working knowledge of various data visualization and business intelligence tools such as BusinessObjects, Microstrategy, Looker, Tableau, Qlikview; as well as experience with data management
- Familiarity with data storage, big data processing (Druid, Kafka, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.), and modeling techniques (star schema, data vault, OLAP), etc.
- Experience working for a large-scale media company, specifically with Advertising Sales, Finance, and/or Research organizations
- Bachelor’s degrees in at least one of the following disciplines, or relevant work experience: Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.