Director, Content PartnershipsApply NowApply Later Job ID 897635BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Dec. 05, 2021
- Formulate dynamic content strategies and communicate those strategies internally and externally
- Develop and own strategic relationships with content partners and negotiate licensing and co-production deals, working closely with the Hulu Originals team and the Business Affairs / Legal departments
- Track and vet new content for quality, appeal, and fit with our strategic Acquired and Originals programming strategies
- Work collaboratively with our Finance team to value content opportunities, and collaborate with Marketing, Scheduling, Product, and PR to ensure deal parameters of our negotiated deals are communicated and executed
- Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the broader strategy of the Content Acquisition TV team and Hulu overall
- Lead all aspects of the content strategy and acquisition process for US first-run TV and co-productions with non-domestic broadcasters (e.g., BBC, ITV, RTE)
- "Graduate-level" skill in quantitative analysis and data-driven storytelling
- Strong evidence of effective verbal and written communication
- Great business judgement, proven strategic thinking, and demonstrated consensus building skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and process management
- Ability to quickly get up-to-speed and thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision or lack of established process
- Finely-honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates
- 10+ years of relevant work experience at either a major media or production company, with deep first-hand knowledge of the international content market, co-production and negotiation process, and all relevant content suppliers
- Fluency in a foreign language (Spanish preferred)
- Experience on both the production and business side of the entertainment industry
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.