Director, Finance Deal SupportApply NowApply Later Job ID 966205BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
DMED’s Direct to Consumer Finance Team is seeking a Director, Deal Support Finance, who will be an exceptional leader for our Deal Support Finance Team
In this role, you will contribute to the growth of our global direct-to-consumer streaming services (ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu, Star+), owning the financial evaluation of new wholesale and distribution partnerships, as well as budgeting, forecasting and financial management of existing wholesale and distribution partnerships. You will work closely together with our Business Development, Partnerships, Platform Distribution, Platform Distribution Strategy, and Business Operations Team in the evaluation of partnership opportunities and financial management of existing partnerships – ensuring we are meeting financial and strategic targets.
The right person for this role has phenomenal analytical skills paired with outstanding strategic and conceptual thinking. The person is an excellent communicator who is not afraid to represent their professional opinion towards executive leadership, sets a high bar for themselves, and has a track record of success when partnering with key business operators. A successful candidate will be able to confidently navigate a rapidly evolving, dynamic environment and seek opportunities to drive efficient processes and challenge the status quo.
- Become a trusted business partner to our global Business Development, Partnerships, Platform Distribution, Platform Distribution Strategy, and Business Operations Team across our DTC streaming services, as well as key advisor to our stakeholder teams in the APAC, EMEA, and LATAM regions
- Lead a team of experienced Finance professionals to evaluate deal opportunities from a holistic subscriber lifecycle and financial perspective
- Analyze potential deal structures with distribution and wholesale partners and formulate actionable recommendations on how to structure, price, and close respective deals
- Build accurate budgets and forecasts for our subscription business to steer the company’s executive-level decision making and align targets with other teams across the organization
- Identify and help implement new ways to retain and engage our existing subscriber base, working closely with both the marketing and product organizations to amplify user engagement and mitigate churn.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Corporate Development, Finance, or Strategy ideally in global, fast-growing companies
- Prior experience in a fast paced, financially driven business environment
- Expertise in building highly complex models adjusting for a wide array of assumptions and communicating findings to executives concisely and creatively
- Demonstrated success at building strong relationships with other teams (Business Development, Marketing, Business Operations, Sales)
- Experience in leading a team of high potentials and track record in career mentoring and development
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skill
- High level of curiosity and self-motivation in digging deeper into data and trends and driving actionable insights
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to produce
- Bachelor’s degree
- Focus on Finance, Strategy, Management is a plus
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.