Director, Marketing AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 964827BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The director will work closely with the product and engineering organizations to create and scale data product solutions and tools. You will continue to develop and lead a world class advanced analytics team in their exploration of new areas of analysis and promote new methodologies and deliver best-in-class strategic marketing insights that can be used across streaming services (Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+). The right person for this role embraces the use of analytical practices to quantify and optimize media performance KPIs, and has experience developing and spearheading strategic initiatives based on what they observe in the data. If you are passionate about marketing performance and modeling applications to drive business growth then you are in the right place.
Role can be based in NY, LA, Seattle or SF/Bay Area
- Collaborate closely with partners in Hulu marketing and finance teams on strategic initiatives around media/marketing investment
- Help operationalize analytic tools and products (mix modeling, incrementality testing, etc) to inform budget allocation and channel targets
- Champion business data strategies with a centralized source of truth that drives multi-platform content, product and marketing optimizations as well as accountability across the organization
- Continue to nurture and develop a thriving team of analysts and managers
- Identify gaps in our existing capabilities and partner understanding and collaborate with upstream teams to develop new data sources and solutions
- Deliver concrete recommendations and tooling to drive pivotal business decisions and measurable value
- Lead cross-functional task forces that span across analytics and other data functions to tackle business-critical questions for the Disney Streaming
- Foster and drive the exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of driving business decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations
- Passion for all things marketing analytics, with a deep understanding of the tools and strategies to effectively measure media efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the most valuable places to invest in data and the most actionable questions to answer
- A love of learning about new problem areas and fearlessness in asking questions
- Enthusiasm for change as a source of opportunity and innovation
- Exceptional partner management skills, including experience collaborating across multiple offices with distributed teams
- Experience building and leading a diverse and thriving team with a strong culture and loads of positivity
- 8+ years of proven experience solving challenging, high-impact problems with data
- Significant prior experience with SQL and some experience with Python/R or other statistical programming language
- Strong ability to tell stories with data to audiences diverse in level, background, and level of technical expertise
- Experience with experimentation techniques and best practices
- A BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, etc. or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.