Director, Marketing ScienceApply NowApply Later Job ID 980005BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The director will be hands-on in building media mix models (MMM) in coordination with data science, data engineering and data product, with a goal toward efficiently maximizing subscriber growth across platforms. The ideal candidate has a strong quantitative background with direct experience with marketing science practices (MMM, attribution modeling, testing / experimentation, etc.), while being a strong collaborator and partner to business operators and internal teams across the data department. Technical acumen as well as narrative-building and strategic partnership are integral to the success of this role.
- Build, scale and help productionalize econometric models (et.al.) in close partnership with marketing and finance partners (including regional leads), and with close consult with and collaboration across data engineering and data product teams
- Enable, implement and scale budgetary mix optimization, attribution, targeting and experimentation best practices and procedures
- Help quantify ROI on marketing investment, determine optimal spend range across the portfolio, identify hurdle rates by channel, set budget amounts and inform subscriber acquisition forecasts
- Provide mentorship to analysts carrying out modeling and other analytics to foster upward internal mobility and expansion of skills
- Lead ad hoc strategic analysis to provide recommendations that drive increased return on spend through shifts in mix, flighting, messaging and tactics, and that help cross-validate model results
- Partner with other data teams as well as marketing and finance to design and execute experiments to move recommendations forward based on company goals (e.g., subscriber growth, LTV, etc.)
- Help facilitate plans for long-term MMM (et.al.) automation, productionalization and scale with support from data engineering and product
- Build out front-end reporting and dashboarding in partnership with data product managers and data engineers to communicate performance metrics across services, markets, channels and subscriber types
- 8+ years of experience in a marketing science / analytics role with a deep understanding of measurement and optimization, with direct analytics leadership experience
- Expertise in econometric modeling practices and how to apply models to measure marketing efficiency and optimize spend, flighting and mix to maximize return on ad spend (i.e., MMM)
- Hands-on experience building out measurement frameworks combining descriptive analytics, modeled insights and causal inference to make tactical recommendations for media optimization
- Experience with attribution platforms for both digital and linear media, the data required to power them and methodologies for measurement
- Understanding of how to design and execute incrementality experiments to validate model recommendations and gain learnings on channel/publisher efficacy
- Strategic mindset with a strong understanding of utilizing data to solve high-stakes problems in the marketing space
- Familiarity with BI/data concepts and experience building out self-service marketing data solutions
- Familiarity with marketing technology concepts and tools (e.g., DMP, CDP, web analytics, identity resolution, programmatic ad serving, data integration)
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.